The NWH Group is a National family owned business headquartered in Midlothian, Scotland, founded in 1967 operating in Waste Management, Land Services, Recycling and Environmental Services to the retail and leisure industry.
Serving the whole of Scotland from eight sites, we provide various solutions including; trade waste collection, skip hire, materials recycling, glass crushing, tipper hire, muck shifting, road sweepers, concrete supply and delivery, aggregate materials, gritting and winter maintenance services.
Due to the continuous growth of the business, we are recruiting for a Material Recycling Supervisor at our Leith site in Edinburgh. The main purpose of this role is to assist the site manager to ensure the site operates efficiently and effectively by overseeing all operations. This is a challenging role, where health and safety is a priority at all times, candidates should have experience in a similar role, and industry relevant qualifications such as IOSH and First Aid are also desirable.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Sort recyclable materials according to prescribed criteria
- Operate recycling processing equipment
- Maintain production standards and schedules
- Monitor equipment operation and reports malfunctions and other maintenance and repair needs to management
- Adopt the company safety culture and effective housekeeping, including wearing of PPE at all times;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair on equipment as requested
- Implementing the company Health & Safety Policy on site
The right candidate will have:
- A good knowledge and understanding of HSE regulations
- Ability to communicate with staffs at all levels
- Knowledge of materials processed and how to recycle
- Strong organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of team
For more information, or to apply, please e-mail a CV to email@example.com or call 0333 320 4000 (option 3).
Job Type: Full-time
The NWH Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status.