HGV Class 2 Driver - Clamshell/Grab, Edinburgh
The NWH Group is a National family owned business headquartered in Midlothian, Scotland, founded in 1967 operating in Waste Management, Land Services, Recycling and Environmental Services to the retail and leisure industry. Serving the whole of Scotland from eight sites, we provide various solutions including; trade waste collection, skip hire, materials recycling, glass crushing, tipper hire, muck shifting, road sweepers, concrete supply and delivery, aggregate materials, gritting and winter maintenance services.
Due to the continuous growth of the business, we are recruiting for experienced HGV Class 2 Drivers to help us deliver our Grab/Clamshell services on various projects across the Edinburgh area.
Grab Lorries provide a flexible and effective method for removing a variety of materials and waste from locations and sites where it may not be possible to use skips and waste containers. Grab Hire can also be used to deliver a range of materials in large quantities to site where conventional access is restricted. If you are clearing a large amount of waste from a site, a grab lorry can be an effective alternative to skip hire.
Grab Hire Services
- Site Clearance and Muck Away
- Mixed Waste Clearance
- Supply of Aggregates, Topsoil, Sand and other materials
- Clearance and Delivery in awkward locations
The ideal candidates will have;
- Held their Class 2 Licence for at least two years
- Experience in working as a Grab or Clamshell Driver
- Valid CPC entitlement
- CPCS Card
- Digital Tachograph card
- Good knowledge of road networks in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Less than 6 points or less on their licence (No DR, DD, CD or IN codes)
- An excellent command of the English language
- Good Customer Service Skills
In return, The NWH Group offers;
- A competitive rate of pay
- Profitability bonus, payable weekly
- 40 hour basic week
- Time & 1/2 paid after 8 hours Mon-Fri, & all day Saturday
- Double time on Sundays
- Group Pension Scheme
- Average Weekly Pay for Holidays
- 1 CPC module paid per driver per year
- Death in Service Benefit
For more information, or to apply, please e-mail a CV to email@example.com or call 0333 320 4000 (option 3).
Job Type: Full-time