The NWH Group is a National family owned business headquartered in Midlothian, Scotland, founded in 1967 operating in Waste Management, Land Services, Recycling and Environmental Services to the retail and leisure industry. Serving the whole of Scotland from eight sites, we provide various solutions including; trade waste collection, skip hire, materials recycling, glass crushing, tipper hire, muck shifting, road sweepers, concrete supply and delivery, aggregate materials, gritting and winter maintenance services.
We are now recruiting for HGV Class 1 Low Loader Drivers to join our team based in Dalkeith, Midlothian. The team consists of Low Loaders, Walking Floor trailers and Ejector trailers. Although experience in these areas is preferred, full training for the right candidates will be provided.
This is a Monday to Friday role, although we do require applicants to be available every second Saturday for overtime if required. Nights out are a part of the job, although this can vary from 0-5 per week around the needs of the business.
The ideal candidates will have;
- At least 2 years’ experience driving HGV Class 1 vehicles
- Valid CPC entitlement
- Digital Tachograph Card
- Good knowledge of road networks in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Less than 6 points or less on their licence (No DR, DD, CD or IN codes)
- An excellent command of the English language
- Good Customer Service Skills
In return, The NWH Group offers;
- A competitive rate of pay
- Driver bonus, payable weekly
- 40 hour basic week
- Time & 1/2 paid after 8 hours Mon-Fri, & all day Saturday
- Double time on Sundays
- Group Pension Scheme
- Average Weekly Pay for Holidays
- 1 CPC module paid per driver per year
- Death in Service Benefit
For more information, or to apply, please e-mail a CV to email@example.com or call 0333 320 4000 (option 3).
Job Type: Full-time
The NWH Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status